Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November Drops!

Alot of awesome music is hitting the shelves this month and I couldn't be more stoked. The second studio album from an artist that Kanye West has called his current favorite living artist drops today, I'm talking about Kid Cudi of course. Man on the Moon Part II:The Legend of Mr.Rager is released today and although the first single "Erase Me" was slightly boring, I still have faith in this album.

Cee-Lo Green's (Gnarls Barkley) "Lady Killer" also comes out today and although I couldn't be anymore sick of his first single "Fuck You", I'm still super interested to hear what the rest of the album has to offer. Let's not forget the Band of Horses cover he did a few months back, sooooo good!




Also out today, which I'm very excited for, is the self-titled Bad Books album. Bad Books is a band made up of Kevin Devine and Andy Hull of Mancester Orchestra as well as other members of the band. The first video for the single "You Wouldn't Have To Ask" was released yesterday online. I've only heard three songs from this album so far but I was super into all of them. Andy Hull is a talented man and I will also be buying this album on my way home from work today!


http://www.spin.com/articles/exclusive-debut-clip-bad-books




Super pumped for Rihanna's fifth studio album "Loud", which is scheduled to release November 12. I have heard four songs off this album and I'm in love with all of them. I've been a huge Rihanna fan from the start of her career and I love hearing/seeing her grow as an artist. I like that she's not afraid of change. Everytime she releases a new album it quickly turns into my new favourite album from her, still not exactly sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. "I've never been this excited about anything I've done creatively, and this is just the perfect Rihanna album, every song is tailored to me." -Rihanna on BBC Radio 1






Classical cover of Rihanna's "Only Girl (in the World)", enjoy!

Also dropping later on this month on the 23rd is Nicki Minaj's debut album "Pink Friday". I'm a huge fan of what Nicki Minaj is doing, she's the new Lil Kim. Whenever she's featured on another artist's song, the verse she lays down is always my favorite of the song. I'm not a fan of first two singles released so far, mainly because one features Wil.I.Am and he auto-tunes the shit out of everything which is the ultimate song ruiner. However, I really dig the third single "Right Thru Me". Rihanna, Drake, Eminem, and Natasha Bedingfield also make appearances on the album. This album has been hyped for awhile and seems to be taking forever to come out although I'm certain it will be worth the wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment