Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pretty Cool, I Guess

On average, I listen to about 40 hours of CBC Radio 3 a week, while at work doing a shit load of nothing. This station seriously helps get me through my long day of, once again, doing NOTHING. A few months back, they were frequently playing the song "You're Too Cool" by The Zolas. I had never heard of this band before but the first time I heard this particular song I fell completely in love with it.

The Zolas are from Vancouver,BC and were recently signed to 604 records. Yes, take a minute to laugh about that, 604 Records, the production company owned by none other then Canada's biggest douche bag Chad Kroeger. I checked out the artists signed to 604 and yep, safe to say that The Zolas' are easily the most talented band on there.

I'll be flying out to Kelowna, BC tomorrow to visit my best friend and to check out a number of shows taking place for Break Out West Festival. The Zolas are playing two shows over the course of the weekend and I'll be attending at least one of them. Very, very stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment